Welcome!!!

If you stumbled among this site, "Evelyn’s Twigs, Thyme and Stranger Things Gardens" is a collection of journal entries that I have kept on my computer for years, and have now decided to post. The journal contains my successes and failures with my favorite selections of plants. I'm talking about more than 50 years of caring for and living with green things. Not everything is here. More of it is learned and store in my head. However, here I will share facts about each plants, my research, as well as my personal and gathered tips on their care. I was not planning to post my houseplant and backyard journals online, so editing them for errors was not a priority to me. This being the case, perhaps, one day I will correct all the spelling and grammar errors in both of them. We would not want people to think I did not know better, when I was only being lazy. Again, no apologizes. It is what it is for now.

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

An Update on Hydroponic Grown Turnip Greens with General Hydroponic MaxiGro Nutrients

 Hello, Darlings, 

This post is an update to the one I made on July 28, 2026 in which I wrote about the usage ratio for using General Hydroponic MaxiGro nutrients in vertical hydroponic systems. In the post I recommended reducing the suggested label amount of MaxiGro by half, and before adding the nutrients to the vertical hydroponic systems, sift out the sediment that gathered at the bottom with a dish cloth or some cheesecloth. 


Well, after following my own advice below are a couple photos of how my new batches of turnip greens look today. They are a vibrant healthy green and each leaf is soft to the touch, and not the dark and brittle green leaves like the first batch that I grew some months back.

Undissolvable Sediment

Until next time,

     Keep Growing!!!

A Widescreen Online Review Plus Article@2026