Welcome!!!

If you stumbled among this site, "Evelyn’s Twigs, Thyme and Stranger Things Gardens" is a collection of journal entries that I have kept on my computer for years, and have now decided to post. The journal contains my successes and failures with my favorite selections of plants. I'm talking about more than 50 years of caring for and living with green things. Not everything is here. More of it is learned and store in my head. However, here I will share facts about each plants, my research, as well as my personal and gathered tips on their care. I was not planning to post my houseplant and backyard journals online, so editing them for errors was not a priority to me. This being the case, perhaps, one day I will correct all the spelling and grammar errors in both of them. We would not want people to think I did not know better, when I was only being lazy. Again, no apologizes. It is what it is for now.

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

First successful batch of hydroponic grown turnip greens

 Hello, Darlings

This is a brief update on the new turnip green plants growing in a 30 pod hydroponic vertical systems and using the half dose method of General Hydroponic MaxiGro Nutrients without the sediment added. Although this first batch is a small one, the greens are healthy and of a decent size. To this labelled and dated freezer bag I will add more turnip greens as they grow larger. In addition, I am adding some Pak Choy to the bag, as Pak Choy is good when cooked with other greens, as well as raw in salads.


Turnip Greens and Pak Choy after picking first batch

P.S. I am growing bulb-less turnip greens in the hydroponic system, but will try my hand at growing the ones with the bulbs in a mini half barrel planter with soil this fall, along with some dwarf carrots, and some Korean Radishes.

Until next time,

     Chow, Darlings

A Widescreen Online Review Plus Article@2026